Gartner's fifth annual Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Services dives into the growth of this industry-defining category and delivers guidance for buyers seeking to understand the difference between true managed detection and response service providers and traditional managed security service providers (MSSPs).
According to Gartner, "By 2025, 50% of organizations will be using MDR services for threat monitoring, detection and response functions that offer threat containment capabilities.”
This Managed Detection and Response Gartner Market Guide covers:
- The increasing number and variety of managed detection and response service providers in today's market.
- The rising acceptance of active responses by MDR customers.
- The challenges buyers face when selecting a managed detection and response service provider.
- Coverage for cloud services and the progress still needed by many MDR service providers.
Gartner's Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Services should be read by:
- Security advisors
- Risk management leaders
- IT teams
- Security Operation Center (SOC)
- Anyone involved in the process of selecting a managed detection and response service provider
Additional guidance on how to spot the difference between real threat RESPONSE and legacy security approaches disguised as MDR can be found here.
Gartner, Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Services, Toby Bussa, Kelly Kavanagh, Pete Shoard, John Collins, Craig Lawson, Mitchell Schneider, 26 August 2020
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose