Dear Valued Customer,
Please be advised that there has been a critical vulnerability identified by Cisco that will require patching. eSentire recommends that this patching take place as soon as possible to ensure the integrity of your networks. Cisco hardware for eSentire services has not been identified as affected by this vulnerability.
A vulnerability in the Internet Key Exchange (IKE) version 1 (v1) and IKE version 2 (v2) code of Cisco ASA Software could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a reload of the affected system or to obtain full administrative control of the device.
Cisco ASA Software running on the following products may be affected by this vulnerability:
- Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances
- Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls
- Cisco ASA Services Module for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches and Cisco 7600 Series Routers
- Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall
- Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv)
- Cisco Firepower 9300 ASA Security Module
- Cisco ISA 3000 Industrial Security Appliance
The full Cisco Security Advisory can be found HERE
If your organization is currently running any of the affected products please proceed with patching as soon as possible. If you have any further questions please reach out to your Cisco Support representative.