The 2020 Global Threat Report is comprehensive overview of the global investigations and deep analysis conducted by the CrowdStrike® Intelligence team, the Falcon OverWatch™ managed threat hunting team and the CrowdStrike Services incident response team throughout 2019. The report covers real-world scenarios and observed trends in attackers’ ever-evolving tactics, techniques and procedures and offers recommendations to protect your organization. Highlights include:
- Big game hunting (BGH) escalated and ransom demands soared into the millions, causing unparalleled disruption.
- Cybercriminals are weaponizing sensitive data to increase pressure on ransomware victims.
- The eCrime ecosystem continues to evolve, mature and develop increasing specialization.
- Outside of BGH, an increase was observed in eCrime campaigns targeting financial institutions around the world.
- The trend toward malware-free tactics accelerated with malware-free attacks surpassing the volume of malware attacks.
- State-sponsored targeted intrusions continued to gather intelligence and promote division within communities and possible collaboration with sophisticated eCrime adversaries was observed.