We are currently looking for a candidate to join our IT Systems Administration team in the role of Linux Systems Administrator.
This team is responsible for supporting a primarily Linux/ Ubuntu infrastructure in a 24×7 production environment. This position requires strong technical expertise as related to automation of remote support processes for IT infrastructure, security, data centre infrastructure, user support and communications.
As a member of the IT Systems Administration team, you will be responsible for maintaining eSentire’s computing & information technology environment by identifying business requirements; planning and installing upgrades; monitoring system performance; and driving improvements to configuration management.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can provide the technology leadership to help move the organization to the next level required to manage a rapidly growing global network of servers deployed at client sites.
Your prior experience with highly available 24/7 networks, the automated deployment of Operations systems, and configuration management tools will help you stream line our existing processes so we can continue to provide the excellent service our clients have come to expect.
As part of a small team, you will have opportunities to learn and support a wide range of products and tools. Your role will include management and monitoring (e.g. Nagios, Zenoss, OSSEC, Webmin) for both our remotely deployed systems and internal services such as mail, VoIP telephony (Asterisk), and Development test environments.
The IT Systems Administration team provides organization wide support for application selection and deployment and will conduct a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure systems performance meets company and user requirements.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with an analytical mind, strong communication skills and a willingness to provide excellent customer support.
You will bring:
- min of 5-10 years of Linux Systems Administration (preferably with Ubuntu)
- an excellent knowledge of networking protocols
- experience with firewalls, routing, NAT
- scripting skills: perl / sh / bash
- prior experience with monitoring tools such as: Nagios, Zenoss, OSSEC, Webmin
- basic IP telephony knowledge, preferably experience with Asterisk systems
- ITIL, COBIT and ISO experience
- experience with configuration management tools like Puppet or CFEngine
- experience with virtualization tools (e.g. VMWare)
- experience supporting Windows and MAC clients in a Unix environment
- experience managing hardware and software inventories
- disaster recovery planning and testing
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar experience
In addition to our competitive compensation packages, we have an employee benefits program, employee assistance program and a generous stock option plan. Our offices are based in Cambridge, conveniently located close to Hwy 401. References and a criminal background check are required.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, please submit your resume quoting the position(s) you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org.