eSentire Inc. provides pragmatic security solutions to help guard the intellectual property and infrastructure of enterprises. As a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP), eSentire specializes in both the delivery of comprehensive security consulting and continuous managed security services. This full range of security service capabilities allows enterprises to secure their environments to protect their operationally critical IT infrastructure on an ongoing, continuous, basis. eSentire’s clients include financial institutions, healthcare facilities, engineering, construction, energy, resources and government.
As a key member of our Systems Group, you will be involved with infrastructure projects and deployments. Someone with an analytical mindset and a strong work ethic is required.
Typical projects and day to day responsibilities include:
- Configuration and deployment of systems.
- Configuration of Iptables firewalls and OpenVPN tunnels.
- Configuration of Cisco and HP networking products.
- Providing first and second level technical support.
- Linux and Windows scripting.
- Documentation and network diagraming.
- Troubleshooting Ubuntu Linux systems.
- Remote installations.
- Configuration of hardware RAID systems.
- Participation in on-call rotation.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Company’s 7/24/365 Managed Security Service (MSS) operations. The position requires strong technical expertise and an exceptional ability to learn new technologies and environments. The candidate must be highly motivated, interested and able to hit the ground running in our environment and proprietary service offering. The ability to work within our team and independently is a must.
- Engineer Hardware and Software solutions for operational needs.
- Install new or rebuild existing services and hardware, peripherals, settings, storage, etc. to achieve operational requirements and project specifications.
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Perform daily backup operations.
- Manage user accounts, creating, updating and removing access as necessary.
- Constantly monitor and assess systems to make sure that processes are operating as designed.
- Troubleshoot errors and fix system issues via periodic testing, help desk tickets, and other methods.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security, and ongoing performance.
- Ensure that hardware is adequately sized and configured; conduct capacity planning scenarios to meet future needs.
- Develop, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all systems.
- Provide support for development processes by participating in data modeling sessions and advising about database design or use of objects.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform database normalization and replication procedures.
- Plan for backup and recovery.
- Control and monitor user access.
- Test and install issued patches in conjunction with software providers and vendors or other third parties.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional associations and professional development opportunities.
- Advise management of new applications or potential system enhancements in support of future requirements.
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required.
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of direct work experience in Systems Administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system design and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming changes, errors, and subsequent modifications.
- Systems Administration and or System Engineer certification in Linux and Microsoft.
- Able to stay abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Knowledge of service level agreements and customer service standards.
About the Company
Located in Cambridge Ontario, eSentire provides pragmatic security solutions to help guard the intellectual property and infrastructure of enterprises. As a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP), eSentire specializes in both the delivery of comprehensive security consulting and continuous managed security services. This full range of security service capabilities allows enterprises to secure their environments to protect their operationally critical IT infrastructure safe, on an ongoing, continuous, basis. eSentire’s clients include financial institutions, healthcare facilities, engineering, construction, energy, resources and government. In addition to our competitive compensation packages, we offer an employee benefits program, employee assistance program and a generous stock options plan. References and a criminal background check are required as part of the commitment to overall security we offer all of our customers.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, please submit your resume quoting the position(s) you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org.