As a key member of our Engineering Team you will be responsible for developing and enhancing our extensive Security Analysis System. Working with our Deep Packet inspection tools, you will develop protocol grammars, queries for security analysis and data storage formats. You will also develop tools to perform low-level security analytics on raw network traffic.
This dynamic role provides a breadth of experience across a wide range of responsibilities at all levels of the product development lifecycle. You will be responsible for helping to optimize our database technology for data capture and analytics, including I/O management, CPU utilization, caching algorithms and advanced algorithms for data manipulation. Your output will include data aggregation and report generation.
Your core software development will concentrate on high performance sub-systems dealing with large rapidly evolving data sets. The development language will be C/C++ for the performance components, in addition to a variety of other languages to provide integration and systems management.
As a senior member of the Engineering Team you will be expected to provide technical leadership and mentorship to more junior team members.
- BSc Computer Science or similar experience
- Advanced experience in network communications, including network protocols
- Advanced knowledge of application protocols
- Demonstrated C/C++ development experience
- Scripting languages, preferably Perl, Python
- Database programming experience including SQL and data analytics experience
- Proven Technical leadership skills
- Extensive software architecture and design skills
- Advanced level development skills in Linux, preferably Ubuntu/Debian
- 8+ years’ of experience
- You will ideally have experience developing real-time embedded systems
- Computer networking and or software security experience
- Distributed programming experience
- Packet traffic analysis experience would be beneficial
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Development experience in MS Windows
- Any of: Linux kernel development, compiler development, data-mining tool development
In addition to our competitive compensation packages, we offer an employee benefits program, employee assistance program and a generous stock options plan. Our offices are based in Cambridge, conveniently located close to Hwy 401. References and a criminal and financial background checks are required as part of the commitment to overall security we offer all of our customers.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, please submit your resume quoting the position(s) you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org.